Oct. 20th is the Trinity Bazaar’s 70th Birthday!
70 years of downtown family fun, entertainment, and shopping to raise funds to help fellow Columbia citizens.
It’s a one day event you don’t want to miss! Homemade foods, handmade arts and crafts, gift baskets ready for giving, gardening fun, and a host of revivals (new and gently-used clothing, decor, musical instruments, furniture, and various trinkets & treasures)! Artisan Alley introduces the talent and offerings of Columbia’s newer crafters.
And that’s not all. We’ll have a supervised Children’s Carnival featuring live pony rides, a bounce house, games and crafts.
The Bazaar Cafe offers lunch with a little live bluegrass and acoustic music from the Trinity Stage.
And, don’t miss a new printing of our beloved cookbook. The Trinity Jubilee Cookbook’s classic southern recipes span at least 70 years of Trinity cooking. (Trinity is over 200 years old. We don’t know how old some of the recipes are!)
What else could we add? How about the fact that it’s all for a good cause?
The first Trinity Bazaar took place in 1948. It was a dinner and auction hosted by the women of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral to raise funds for Columbians diagnosed with Tuberculosis. 70 years later, we’re still at it.
This year, virtually all of the funds raised by the Bazaar will go to Bazaar Grants for:
- Alala Cancer Society – To help post-surgical cancer patients stay in the continuum of care.
- JumpStart Ministries – To help fund a 42-week prison life skills program proven to reduce recidivism.
- SisterCare – To help fund an early intervention counseling program for women leaving violent relationships.
- Toby’s Place (Oliver Gospel Mission) – To help Columbia’s hidden homeless – women and children.
- Transitions Homeless Center – To help fund a life skills program for homeless young people aged 18-24.
It’s going to be a big day … we sure hope you’ll be there!
If you can’t, you can still help us be successful. Make a donation! The Trinity Bazaar is a 501(c)-3 and your donation will be tax deductible. You can even use your donation to honor or remember someone you admire or love.
We also appreciate goods and services we can offer through our booths. You’ll be in good company. See further on this page for the logos of others who’ve so generously donated. Contact us at TrinityBazaar@trinitySC.org for more information.